Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Days of Yule; Day 4

Winter Solstice is just 9 days away! To celebrate the season, why not find a way to bring a little "Yule" into your life every day for the next 9 days?

At http://paganwiccan.about.com there is a list of 12 Days of Yule Devotionals and I think they are wonderful! I will share them here, along with my own thoughts on how you can journal on the Daily Devotions. I will also share some other Winter Holidays, traditions, and Lore to consider, which you can also choose to journal or blog about if you wish!

December 13, 2012 - Day 4

Day 4 ; Counting Your Blessings;

Yule should be a time of joy and happiness, but for many people it can be stressful. This is a season to take a moment and be thankful for the blessings you have, and to take a moment to remember those less fortunate.

"I am grateful for that which I have.
I am not sorrowful for that which I do not.
I have more than others, less than some,
but regardless, I am blessed with
what is mine."

By Patti Wigington; http://paganwiccan.about.com
My Journaling / Blogging suggestion;
Make another gratitude list!  List people, things, and events that you are thankful for!  Writing a Gratitude list is always a feel-good thing to do, it will lift your spirits and help banish stresses and worries to just spend a few minutes thinking about all you have to be grateful for!  Try to spend a full 5 minutes adding things to your list!  Keep writing even if the things you write seem trivial... just keep the gratitude flowing for as long as you can!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, Dec. 13, 2012 - is also the New Moon!  This goes quite well with our gratitude journaling for the day... it is always good to start the New Moon energy flowing with some gratitude!  Yesterday we wrote about some of the dark times we have gone through and the negativity we want to release.  Today, focus on those positive aspects of what you have learned.  I always like to think of the New Moon as a fresh start.  I can wipe the slate clean, and start the new cycle however I want! 
My Journaling/ Blogging suggestion;
Write about your strengths, and how you have improved your life over the past year, and make a "wish list" of wishes and goals for the coming year.  What do you want to experience more of in the future?  Write it down, but fully claim it!  Don't just say "I want to experience more love.".... fully claim it and write "I fully welcome more love into my life now!"
Also, for a wonderful "New Moon in Sagittarius" Meditation and visualization, check this page out;
 As always, thanks for stopping by, and Happy Journaling! If you choose to post your journal on your blog, please include a link to this post, and leave a comment below with the link to your journal. If you choose to keep your journal private, that is fine too, but your comments are appreciated!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment